Sunday, May 13, 2012

Get Started!

Every trip has to begin somewhere. The trip of life begins when you're born, a trip to the beach begins with grabbing your swimsuit and stuffing everyone in the car, and the trip of having fun begins with getting out into the world. So, here I go. I've been all over the place already, but with so much more in store, I think it's time to keep track of all my adventures in one spot for me to enjoy. Here, on the Veggie Loco Moco. The Loco Moco is a local mainstay of Hawaii; a delicious dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It consists simply of white rice, a hamburger patty, a fried egg and brown gravy. I have never fully tasted a loco moco however, instead substituting a griller patty because I am vegetarian.

I thought it fitting to name my blog after this dish because well, yes, of course because I've grown up in Hawaii. But at the same time, I'm also not quite a local, hence the "veggie". You don't have to be 100% a native to enjoy the beauty (and good taste) of whatever place you are visiting. So, here's to adventure in places where you are from and where I am not, places with no hope when I have some, and places I'll visit once, and places you'd never visit again. Just go!

Enjoy my blog, and whether you laugh or not, I hope you smile while you read it.



Photo from: http://tamarindandthyme.wordpress.com/2007/09/30/loco-moco/

No comments:

Post a Comment